Herlifeislove won with the following creative questions:
- If you had to plant a garden full of lettuce, basil, or random flowers, which one would you choose and why?
- You must have a roommate with the personality of Dory (forgetful, but positive) or Marlin (logical, rational, negative) from Finding Nemo/Dory. Who would you rather live with?
- Is there a 2D world you would want to live in? If so, what is it and why? (2D world can be comic strip, animation, paintings, etc.)
Nanayhood.com – Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in media. What was that place?
Lettucecocreation.com – If you could bring one fantasy creature into existence what would it be and why?
Theblogbroadblog.wordpress.com – If you could fight a celebrity in a boxing ring, knowing you’d win, who would it be?
Invisibleinink.wordpress.com/ – If you could shapeshift into any animal, which would it be and why?
myinkdance.com/ – What’s one thing you would want to be said about you at your funeral?
Elizarichbookz.com/ – You are the inventor of the “Blog-Didalee-Do-Whap.” What does it do?
Cookingbeauty.it/ – You have the chance to live someone else’s life for a year. Who would you like to be?
This year (2018) prize will be a BioLite Camp Stove worth £150.
2018 is upon us and it’s time to start the new year-round of the official rules of the Liebster Award 2018 to give other blogs exposure to the internet. If you are returning, I’ve updated this article to include new questions and images for you to use in your own blog posts. Each year I read every single entry and pick the blog with the most unique and creative questions. The winning blog wins a prize. Each blog gets one entry. To enter you must:
- Link to this blog post in your Liebster Award blog post
- Answer the questions given to you (if nominated, if you were not nominated you can use my questions)
- Create more questions for your nominees to answer (I’m looking for unique and creative ones)
- Comment on this blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award. To make it easy for me to read them all.
Entries start 1st Jan 2018 and ends on 25th Dec 2018. The winner will be picked on the 31st of December.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less. It’s really an arbitrary number. If you like helping other blogs out go ahead and do it regardless of its size.
Cressida wrote: “Once you’re done, you can go the site theglobalaussie.com (https://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/) and comment with the link to your post so he can check out your answers (he has been chosen to hand out the Liebster Awards)”
You flatter me back saying I have been chosen to hand this award out. I have not been chosen nor did I create the award but rather I have put in the effort to find out as much information as I can to make it easier for others who have been nominated to find information about this particular award.
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2018 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, or you chose to start a blog post about the Liebster award; you should do the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post, I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2018 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Again this year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award the award.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and everyone. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
Examples Questions to Use (New 2018 Questions)
Don’t forget to create 11 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the DIRECT link to your post so I can check out your answers.
Here are the questions Iannesy set out for me three years ago now in her blog post which you can find here. I answer them here.
- Out of all the countries, you have visited, which one did you like the most?
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- Bike or Train?
- What/Who inspires you to travel this world?
- What is the best memory that you have while travelling?
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
- Apple or Samsung?
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced while travelling?
- Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited:
- How did travelling change your life?
Here are some creative questions I’ve seen on the blogs that have linked to last years article:
http://nanayhood.com/ – Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/animation/movie? What was that place?
https://lettucecocreative.com/ – If you could bring one fantasy creature into existence what would it be and why?
https://theblogbroadblog.wordpress.com/ – If you could fight a celebrity in a boxing ring, knowing you’d win, who would it be?
https://invisibleinink.wordpress.com/ – What’s one thing you would want to be said about you at your funeral?
https://www.myinkdance.com/ – If you could shapeshift into any animal, which would it be and why?
How to Find Bloggers to Nominate
There are several different things you can do to locate bloggers to nominate for the Liebster Award 2018:
- Take a look at the spread of blog posts in your WordPress Reader. You can simply click on their links to be brought to those blogs. Some people display the number of followers they have in their sidebar.
- Nominate blogs that you follow.
- Click on the avatars (peoples’ pictures) that show up beside the section of any blog post (yours or someone else’s) where it says “X number of people have Liked this post” to discover new blogs to follow.
- Try doing a search for blogs on Google, or on Networked blogs.
Remember, it’s best to follow blogs in your niche as well as blogs about your other interests!