2017 is upon us and it’s time to start the new year round of the official rules of the Liebster Award 2017 to give other blogs exposure to the internet. If you are returning I’ve updated this article to include new questions and images for you to use in your own blog posts.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
A huge thank you to everyone who linked back to the officials rules 2016.
The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less.
Cressida wrote: “Once you’re done, you can go the site theglobalaussie.com (https://theglobalaussie.com/the-official-rules-of-the-liebster-award-2016/) and comment with the link to your post so he can check out your answers (he has been chosen to hand out the Liebster Awards)”
You flatter me back saying I have been chosen to hand this award out. I have not been choosen but rather I have put in the effort to find out as much information as I can to make it easier for others who have been nominated to find information about this particular award.
What to Do if Nominated for the Liebster Award
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2017 it is a little more involved and will continue to evolve as blogging becomes more accessible.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
If you have been nominated before at any time please share the love. Many people believe the Liebster award is similar to a chain email/letter and sure it shares similarities but the underlining idea is to help promote each others’ blogs.
Examples Questions to Use (New 2017 Questions)
Don’t forget to create 11 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can check out your answers.
Here are the questions Iannesy set out for me almost two years ago now in her blog post which you can find here. I answer them here.
- Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most?
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- If you can take someone with you in your travels, who would it be?
- Bike or Train?
- What/Who inspires you to travel this world?
- What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
- If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
- Apple or Samsung?
- What is the scariest thing you have experienced while traveling?
- Name the top 3 most beautiful beaches you have visited:
- How did traveling change your life?
Here are some creative questions I’ve seen among the blogs that have linked to last years article:
- If you could only take 1 more trip, where would you go? (http://probearoundtheglobe.com/)
- Does blogging replace or enhance journalling? (https://winnipegartsheartsandsmarts.wordpress.com)
- Do you think education, as it is today, does justice to life and learning? (http://sheiscomplete.com/)
- When do you find time to blog? (https://momsterdiaries.theblogpress.com/)
- If you could be any super hero, who would you be and why? (https://crayongirllinz.wordpress.com/)
- What is that one post made by you that you like the most, and why? (https://fashionofpure.wordpress.com/)
- What is your favourite book or series? (https://elephantsneverforgetsite.wordpress.com/)
- What is the most ridiculous contradiction, paradox, or crime against logic you have ever encountered? (Eg Windows clicking on “Start” to shut down…) (https://elephantsneverforgetsite.wordpress.com/)
- Would you rather explore the deep ocean or outer space? (https://elephantsneverforgetsite.wordpress.com/)
- How long would you survive the zombie apocalypse? Justify your answer! (https://elephantsneverforgetsite.wordpress.com/)
- T-Rex or dragon? (https://elephantsneverforgetsite.wordpress.com/)
- If you were going to be a character in someone’s book, who would you like to write it? (https://lisalancaster.wordpress.com)
- What would you do for a Klondike bar? (http://travelingwithnina.com/)
- Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/animation/movie? What was that place? (https://nomadbananas.wordpress.com/)
My 2017 List of Nominees
My List of Nominees
This list is from all the participants of last years award.
- http://www.indianscrewup.com/ (Awesome Blogger from India)
Questions for My Nominees
Questions for my nominees
Prepare your brains to be analysed!
- Given the choice of anyone in the world whom would you want as a dinner guest and why?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- If travel was something everyone did as a rite of passage growing up where would you recommend they go and why? (one country only)
- What would be the best travel memory to have and how does it compare to what you have?
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters:
- What is your favourite dish?
- Would you ever travel the world in a camper van?
- Give a travel tip for travellers:
- What do you think of selfie sticks?
- When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out?
- Who you gonna’ call?
Leave your posts here in the comments. If you’re not nominated for the Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017, but want to answer any questions, I would be so happy to read them.
How to Find Bloggers to Nominate
There are several different things you can do to locate bloggers to nominate for the Liebster Award 2017:
- Take a look at the stread of blog posts in your WordPress Reader. You can simply click on their links to be brought to those blogs. Some people display the number of followers they have in their sidebar.
- Nominate blogs that you follow.
- Click on the avatars (peoples’ pictures) that show up beside the section of any blog post (yours or someone else’s) where it says “X number of people have Liked this post” to discover new blogs to follow.
- Try doing a search for blogs on Google, or on Networked blogs.
Remember, it’s best to follow blogs in your niche as well as blogs about your other interests!
Images you can use for your ‘Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017’ Blog: